Canon IJ network tool informs the user about the network configuration of the printer. It is best known as the Canon utility software that can modify the network settings. With the use of this software, users can easily connect the printer with new networks. If you want to know the procedure for downloading & installing the IJ network tool then must go through the full post.
Points to Remember Before Using IJ Network Tool
There have to keep some consideration points before using the software. Make sure to learn these pointers below:
- A firewall does not allow any third-party access so you have to configure the firewall settings by allowing the tool access.
- Also, there should be a proper connection with the LAN cable. Check out all LAN cables that are near you.
- Avoid the use of the canon IJ network tool while working on the printer and conducting printing. If the necessity of using the tool is high then ensure to finish the printing procedure first.
- User account switching may not function well with this software so before moving ahead just shut the software and then access the tool.
- Once understood these key points, you can easily move your ways towards the next section and learn the procedure of downloading and installing the IJ network tool.
Downloading and Installing the IJ Network Tool
Now, we are moving into the downloading and installing procedure of the canon ij network tool. Ensure that the tool is one of the parts of an MP printer driver so you have to download and install it also. Get into the steps below now to know the procedure of downloading this tool.
- To begin with, the user needs to move towards the official site ij.start.cannon.
- Now, just for your product.
- Once done with that, the user needs to search for the download link.
- You can find it under the tab named Canon Printer Drivers and Download.
- Subsequently, make sure to download it on your device.
- When it is downloaded properly, you need to go through the installation procedure.
- To initiate the procedure, make sure to open the file that contains the steps of installation.
- While proceeding with the installation, a new window will pop up named Software Selection Window.
- Within the window, move towards the section named IJ Network tool and checkmark the same.
- Now, you can easily use the software with the MP printer driver.
Launch the IJ Network Tool on Mac and Windows
For launching this tool on your device, you have to follow the series given below;
Mac- Finder > Go > Applications > Installed Applications > Canon Utility Folder > IJ Network Tool.
Windows- Start > All Programs > Canon Network Utilities > IJ Network Tool.
If you want to set the network settings then move towards the next section and learn the process.
Steps to Configure the Network Settings with IJ Network Tool
The user is now ready to use this tool. You can get into the configuration procedure if meeting with any of these conditions.
- Updated router settings.
- Replacing the new router with the older one.
- Connecting a new network on the printer.
For proceeding with other procedures, make sure that there is a proper wired connection between the computing device and printer. With this, you can easily transfer the network settings to your printer. Once finished these steps, carry out the below instructions:
- First thing first, the user needs to open the IJ Network tool.
- If you directly jump to this section and don’t know the procedure to access the tool then make sure to read above.
- Once the tool gets opened, you will be provided the connections.
- Now, just move towards the tab named Setup.
- You can get it from the drop-down list.
- Consequently, you will see another window that brings you further instructions.
- Make sure to go through them wisely, thereafter hit the button OK.
- Furthermore, you will see another window named IJ Network Tool.
- Just select your printer.
- Hit the OK button afterward.
- The connection type here should be shown as “Canon USB”
If the tool cannot detect the printer, just navigate towards the Update button.
- Once done, the window will come up that states Confirm Connection Access Point.
- Now, hit the Yes button once you will see the connect your printer button.
- There will appear a message regarding the successful setup, you need to hit the OK button there.
- Consequently, just add the printer by hitting Add printer.
So, this is all about the Canon IJ network tool. We hope that the guide above has resolved all of your queries. However, if you want to ask anything from the topic then don’t hesitate to comment down below. We will surely bring you every answer to your query. You can check out our other articles as well if you want to know more about the Canon printer.